Monday, September 20, 2010

The weather is great, wish I could be there

Fall is my favorite time for hiking in the Gila.  The temps are mostly tolerable and there's usually water available for the dogs.  Unfortunately, this fall life has gotten in the way of my favorite hobby.  I've only been able to get in one short dog hike so far this month. 

It was a great walk down an arroyo across the highway from my housing area.  All things yellow seem to be blooming at the moment, which doesn't really help the allergies of both myself and a couple of the dogs.  Along with the flowers a variety of butterflies in all shapes and sizes could be found around just about every turn.

The dogs managed to flush three nice-sized coveys of quail on the hike.  Hopefully, those guys are a good sign of things to come in November.

No comments: